Last week I said that I might start the show by asking about some of the recent studies Bill Sardi has called to my attention. Well, that didn’t happen because the phone lines filled up so fast. (Newsletter subscribers know what’s coming and can be at the head of the line.) Here at least are links to those topics we didn’t cover: Vitamin D and Cardiovascular Risk Factors (low D levels = high risk factors); Cholesterol Drugs (may add just 4 days of life); Fish Oil During Pregnancy Reduces Risk of Diabetes in Offspring.
Bill Sardi, agreed to answer random listener questions. (I hope to do this once a month.) He is a prolific author, science investigator, and tireless campaigner for sanity in health care. He is also the sharpest supplement formulator I know. I took notes on his recommendations as best as I could with all the other things going on. I checked with Bill to make sure I didn’t miss anything crucial. These are very brief, so please listen to the show for details.
- Prevent complications of diabetes – Vitamin B1 in an active form (e.g. Benfotiamin) and magnesium
- Natural calcium channel blockers – Magnesium, Vitamins D and K, IP6 (from rice bran), resveratrol (see my article), CoQ10 (they help the powerhouses of the cells create energy to help balance the calcium)
- Basal cell skin cancers – Mix IP6 powder with A and D ointment and apply.
- Borderline Glaucoma – Vitamin B1 (see above), resveratrol, hyaluronic acid (all these orally)
- Candida Yeast overgrowth – Most important, as much as possible, cut the starchy and sweet items from the diet. Oil of Oregano (the brand I recommended) and garlic. From our Library: Article and Symptom Quiz.
- Baking soda and vitamin C – Caller had heard baking soda would cancel vitamin C. Baking soda is sometimes used to buffer the acidity of vitamin C so it won’t irritate the stomach. If used for heartburn, consider reading my book, Natural Alternatives to Nexium to find out why you have heartburn and how to fix the underlying problem. Garligest is a good choice – 866-674-3955)
- Silicone toxicity from breast implants – Zinc, IP6, vitamin D, garlic, glutathione (Reg’Activ contains a friendly bacterium that makes glutathione. I’d pick the Detox & Liver purple box.) Far infrared sauna helps toxins go out through the skin and spares the kidneys.
- Shingles – Avoid chocolate and nuts that are high in an amino acid the virus likes. Reduce stress. My article on shingles. Bill suggested thymus extract, zinc, Vitamin D, quercetin, and zygon
Phew. No wonder I had trouble keeping up. Again, for a little more detail, listen to the show. Mr. Sardi’s products: Longevinex 866-405-4000, Molecular Multi 800-247-5731, Garlinex 866-674-3955, Garligest for heartburn 866-674-3955. His email: firstname.lastname@example.org.