Healthy by Nature is hosted by Certified Clinical Nutritionist, author and media veteran, Martie Whittekin. Martie interviews authors, doctors and other experts who are at the top of their fields. While entertaining in the process, Healthy by Nature aims to educate with responsible science-based information and empower listeners to choose a healthful path leading to family wellness, abundant energy and a bright outlook.
Principles for which the show stands
• The gradual decline in health and vigor with aging is typical in the USA but it is unnatural and unnecessary. Staying alive is not the same as LIVING. We can be active and healthy to an advanced age if we learn to obey nature’s laws.
• Diseases are not drug deficiencies. And, we don’t catch diseases, we create them. When we stop burdening the body with an excess of things it cannot handle (e.g. stress, sugar and toxins), and provide the nutritional support it needs to function optimally, miracles happen!
• All drugs are guaranteed to have side effects. In contrast, most natural approaches have fringe benefits. It just makes sense to use less toxic and non-invasive approaches first and save the heavy artillery of drugs and surgery for emergencies.
• We believe that most doctors do the best they can in a broken system. However, to avoid over-treatment and missed opportunities, consumers must arm themselves with the nutrition and prevention information that the average doctor has simply not been provided. (They have in fact been taught to fear such things.)
• Health basics include exercise, clean water, adequate sleep, sunshine, a supportive social network, spiritual wholeness, a toxin-free environment, and of course, good nutrition. Good food must be the base but today a sensible dietary supplement plan is also a necessity. Laying a good nutritional supplement foundation provides a broad range of cellular benefits and can limit the number of special supplements needed for specific ailments.
• We recommend products based on research, not hype. High quality products bring the most reliable benefits and are less expensive in the long run. There is a big difference between the common low price and the more rare good value.