Examples of the types of postbiotics that our intestinal probiotic bacteria make from the good foods that hopefully we feed them.
- Amino acids (e.g. tryptophan, tyrosine & phenylalanine)
- Antimicrobials (Selective for bad guys)
- Anti-tumor substances
- Neuro-transmitters, e.g.
- Acetylcholine, Catecholamine, GABA
- Melatonin (400% more made in the gut than by the pineal gland)
- NITRIC OXIDE (helps lower blood pressure
- Vitamins including B’s & K2. Vitamin K2 helps usher calcium into bones and out of arteries.
- Organic acids, Short chain fatty acids, Signaling molecules, etc. (some of which help keep the lining of the gut healthy.
Copyright Martie Whittekin, CCN 2019