When a tanker truck of chemicals overturns or there is a chemical plant explosion or a rare high profile industrial chemical contamination of food, the authorities (government and professionals) show concern. However, they so not seem phased by the fact that there are tens of thousands of chemicals in the air, food, water and commercial products to which we are exposed every single day. These toxins gradually accumulate in our cells and wreak havoc on normal cellular processes.
You’ve likely seen reports of animals that no longer form or reproduce normally and there is a mountain of evidence in the medical literature that toxins harm humans in numerous ways…causing cancer, birth defects and infertility as a few examples. Recently, a tiny bit of attention is being paid to the fact that chemicals can also damage our probiotic organisms that perform so many crucial functions for us.
FLUORIDE – Listen to the June 1, 2019 and June 8, 2019 interviews on the toxic effects of fluoride in tap water (also toothpaste, pesticides, etc.). It is industrial waste that is a poison…a poison that disrupts enzymes and hormones as well as causes cancer, hip fracture, genetic damage, premature aging, brain damage, lower IQ (even worse for dark races) and perhaps even death in formula-fed babies. Oh, and it can spot teeth. The evidence that adding it to drinking water actually helps children’s teeth is slim to none. This LINK is to a useful list of activist organizations. A good book on the topic is The Fluoride Deception. Dr. Hirzey of American University sent this petition to the EPA. Recent research linking fluoride with lowered IQ.
HEAVY METALS — If you are new to the idea of traces of toxins being a cause of major health problems, you might be surprised to find that we are continually accumulating these toxic metals.If you realize that the human body is powered by electrical currents, you might wonder if these metals might create tiny short circuits. They do a lot more than that, including killing our gut bacteria and limiting immune competence while also promoting cancer. They contaminate cell membranes, mitochondria and other parts of cells and organs. They affect enzymes that are involved in metabolism, detoxification, and damage repair. Below are 2 of the top heavy metals:
LEAD – Read an amazing article by Bill Sardi on Lead Toxicity as the 4th leading cause of death. Remember that fluoride in tap water increases the body’s burden of lead.
MERCURY – Other than radioactive materials, this metal may be the most toxic metal on the planet. There is so much loose in the environment that we must now even be cautious about what fish we eat. Other controllable exposures are in amalgam dental fillings and some vaccines which contain mercury as a preservative and activator. Shockingly, high fructose corn syrup is a mercury source. I recommend listening to our exciting interview with FDA whistle blower, Renee Joy Dufault, PhD about the many mercury sources in foods and medicines. LINK Mercury-related Resources:
- Moms against mercury (note: services that rank website safety often give poor ratings to sites fighting the status quo.)
- FDA—current advice on fish for pregnancy and children. FDA chart of exact mercury levels in fish
- Dental resources
- Do Antibiotics Contribute to Mercury Poisoning?
- Mercury Madness-David C. Kennedy, DDS. Noteworthy archived interview
- Dr. Mercola on mercury
Heavy metal REMEDIES: Step 1 in the battle against heavy metal toxicity is to avoid the sources noted above so you don’t make matters worse. More steps: The far-infrared sauna and Aloe vera are helpful detox tools ad well as Reg’Activ Detox & Liver Health. I also take a supplement specifically to remove heavy metals, Folium Px. It is also an antioxidant, a help with radiation exposure and it offers immune support. The product is made from pine tree barks, grape-seed extracts and other natural ingredients. To learn more about heavy metals, cancer, heart disease and Folium Px, read this. The product is available for even less than Amazon at this website and you get an extra 5% discount on your first order with the discount code HBN.Your second order will automatically earn a 10% discount, no code needed.(This is the same site that offers the vitamin D/K2 spray that I recommend and the marvelous Brain Light pro.)
ALUMINUM – Two more heavy metals are cadmium (e.g.cancer cause found in cigarette smoke) and arsenic (it interferes with immune critical zinc and is found in Roundup herbicide and in rice). While not technically a “heavy” metal, aluminum does not have a nutritional benefit and is damaging. This metal is a growing threat in part because there are so many sources: e.g. vaccines, antacids, other medications, antiperspirants (NOT deodorants), tap water, aluminum cookware and even the heating elements in water heaters and coffee pots. Aluminum is especially worrisome because it is a nerve toxin that crosses the blood brain barrier. Autopsies find excess aluminum in the brains of Alzheimer’s victims. Aluminum is also hard on bone health. The heavy metal detoxifiers mentioned above help reduce aluminum.
PESTICIDES / WEEK KILLERS – Some of the diseases directly related to pesticides and herbicides (including Roundup) include: asthma, autism and learning disabilities, birth defects and reproductive dysfunction, diabetes, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease, and several types of cancer. Roundup® is considered one of the scariest. Residues of it will most often be found on GMO crops and increasingly in human bodies.
- Senior Research Scientist, Stephanie Seneff, PhD teaches us about GMO’s and Roundup. LINK.
- California to ban a pesticide shown to harm babies’ brains.
- Pesticide-Induced Diseases Database
- Pesticide “inactive ingredients” are a big problem
- Consider taking Reg’Activ which are fine products containing a friendly bacteria that makes glutathione, which is the most powerful detoxifier in the body.
BPA – Bisphenol A (BPA) is a chemical plasticizer that’s extremely common in food packaging. It acts like an estrogen hormone and studies show it can promote the growth of breast and prostate cancer cells. Many products that claim to be free of BPA have just replaced it with BPS which is just as bad.
WATER – We’ve known that all manner of industrial and agricultural chemicals leach into municipal water supplies. Now the concern is about drugs such as antibiotics and antidepressants turning up in tap water. Municipal filtration and processing cannot handle all these toxins. Chlorine is added to kill bacteria in the water, but that can also kill our probiotics. Bottled water need legally only be as good as tap water and often contains plasticizers that are hormone disruptors. I recommend reverse osmosis filters.
SMOKING – Surely I don’t need to say more than that smoking is a risk factor for virtually every disease, not just lung cancer. One of the reasons is that smoke is a source of heavy metals. Insurance companies are smart, so smoking also has a very negative impact on the cost of your life insurance. Read more. Here is help on quitting:
RADIATION – We are increasing surrounded by all kinds of energy frequencies and wave lengths all with little to no testing for their effect on health. For example, there have been no studies on the phone 5G networks showing it is safe. Besides CT scans and radiation treatment, even airplane travel is a source of radiation. We should be a little suspicious given that we were assured that x-rays were so safe that they could be used to treat sinus infections and measure shoe size! I guess that is one good thing about texting…it keeps the cell phone away from our brains.
OTHER ISSUES AND RESOURCES
- Indoor air pollution. This article by Consumer Reports lists 14 ways to clear the air. They should have added using a negative ion generator. It not only reduces dust, but also pollen, allergens, odors and pathogens. CLICK here for my recommendation.
- SUNSCREENS contain scary disease-causing chemicals that are absorbed into blood circulation. CLICK HERE to learn more about that and how to sun safely.
- Get the Environmental Working Group GUIDE to Avoiding [endocrine disrupting] PFAS Chemicals in cookware and carpet as examples.
- Learn about how to avoid asbestos.
- Interview with Dr. Michael Einsohn on the Oligoscan to detect heavy metal body burden.
- Environmental Working Group Consumer Guides (to foods, cleaning products and body care) and Home Tips
- Natural Resources Defense Council
- Doris Rapp, MD on Environmental Medicine. Archived Interview and her Book
- A film, Unacceptable Levels
- Howard Garrett, the Dirt Doctor’s website. Source for safer alternatives for home and garden.
- Chemical Body Burden in Newborns
- Toxin Toxout (Getting Harmful Chemicals Out of Our Bodies and Our World) book by Bruce Lourie
- Detoxify or Die classic book by Sherry Rogers, MD
- Consumer Reports article on drinking water and the chemicals used in Teflon and it’s newer versions..
- Learn about non-stick cookware.
We can vote with our dollars by buying the least toxic alternatives in any category.
Copyright 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 by Martie Whittekin, CCN