When a tanker truck of chemicals overturns or there is a chemical plant explosion or rarely a high profile industrial chemical contamination of food, the authorities (government and professionals) show real concern. However, they seem unconcerned that there are tens of thousands of chemicals in the air, food, water and commercial products to which we are exposed every single day. These toxins gradually accumulate in our cells and wreak havoc on normal cellular processes.
You’ve likely seen reports of animals that no longer reproduce normally and there is a mountain of evidence in the medical literature that toxins harm humans in numerous ways…causing cancer, birth defects and infertility as examples. Recently, a tiny bit of attention is being paid to the fact that chemicals can also damage our probiotic organisms that perform so many crucial functions for us.
LEAD – Amazing article by Bill Sardi on Lead Toxicity as the 4th leading cause of death. Note: the far-infrared sauna and Aloe vera would be a good to add to his protocol. Note that fluoride in tap water increases the body’s burden of lead.
FLUORIDE – Listen to the upcoming June 1, 2019 interview on the toxic effects of fluoride in tap water (also toothpaste, pesticides, etc.). It is industrial waste that is a poison…a poison that disrupts enzymes and hormones as well as causes cancer, hip fracture, genetic damage, premature aging, brain damage, lower IQ (worse for dark races) and perhaps even death in formula-fed babies. Oh, and it can spot teeth. The evidence that adding it to drinking water actually helps children’s teeth is slim to none. This links to a useful list of activist organizations: LINK. Dr. Kennedy also mentioned Keepers of the Well. A good book on the topic is The Fluoride Deception. Dr. Hirzey of American University sent this petition to the EPA.
MERCURY – Other than radioactive materials, this metal may be the most toxic. There is so much loose in our environment that we must even be cautious about what fish we eat. Other controllable exposures are in amalgam dental fillings and some immunizations. High fructose corn syrup is a source. I recommend listening to our interview with FDA whistle blower, Renee Joy Dufault, PhD about the mercury sources in foods. LINK
- Moms against mercury (note: services that rank website safety often give poor ratings to sites fighting the status quo.)
- FDA—current advice on fish for pregnancy and children. FDA chart of exact mercury levels in fish
- Dental resources
- Do Antibiotics Contribute to Mercury Poisoning?
- Mercury Madness-David C. Kennedy, DDS. Archived interview
- Dr. Mercola on mercury
PESTICIDES / WEEK KILLERS – Some of the diseases directly related to pesticides and herbicides (including Roundup) include: asthma, autism and learning disabilities, birth defects and reproductive dysfunction, diabetes, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease, and several types of cancer. Roundup® is considered one of the scariest. Residues of it will most often be found on GMO crops.
- Senior Research Scientist, Stephanie Seneff, PhD teaches us about GMO’s and Roundup. LINK.
- California to ban a pesticide shown to harm babies’ brains.
- Pesticide-Induced Diseases Database
- Pesticide “inactive ingredients” are a big problem
- Consider taking Reg’Activ which are fine products containing a friendly bacteria that makes glutathione, which is the most powerful detoxifier in the body.
BPA – Bisphenol A (BPA) is a chemical plasticizer that’s extremely common in food packaging. It acts like an estrogen hormone and studies show it can promote the growth of breast and prostate cancer cells. Many products that claim to be free of BPA have just replaced it with BPS which is just as bad.
WATER – We’ve known that all manner of industrial and agricultural chemicals leach into municipal water supplies. Now the concern is about drugs such as antibiotics and antidepressants turning up in tap water. Municipal filtration and processing cannot handle all these toxins. Chlorine is added to kill bacteria in the water, but that can also kill our probiotics. Bottled water need legally only be as good as tap water and often contains plasticizers that are hormone disruptors.
SMOKING – Surely I don’t need to say more than that smoking is a risk factor for virtually every disease, not just lung cancer. One of the reasons is that smoke is a source of heavy metals. Insurance companies are smart, so smoking also has a very negative impact on the cost of your life insurance. Read more. Here is help on quitting:
RADIATION – We are increasing surrounded by all kinds of energy frequencies and wave lengths all with little to no testing for their effect on health. For example, there have been no studies on the phone 5G networks showing it is safe. Besides CT scans and radiation treatment, even airplane travel is a source of radiation. We should be a little suspicious given that we were assured that x-rays were so safe that they could be used to treat sinus infections and measure shoe size! I guess that is one good thing about texting…it keeps the cell phone away from our brains.
OTHER ISSUES AND RESOURCES
- Interview with Dr. Michael Einsohn on the Oligoscan to detect heavy metal body burden.
- Environmental Working Group Consumer Guides (to foods, cleaning products and body care) and Home Tips
- Natural Resources Defense Council
- Doris Rapp, MD on Environmental Medicine. Archived Interview and her Book
- A film, Unacceptable Levels
- Howard Garrett, the Dirt Doctor’s website. Source for safer alternatives for home and garden.
- Chemical Body Burden in Newborns
- Toxin Toxout (Getting Harmful Chemicals Out of Our Bodies and Our World) book by Bruce Lourie
- Detoxify or Die classic book by Sherry Rogers, MD
- Consumer Reports article on drinking water and the chemicals used in Teflon and it’s newer versions..
We can vote with our dollars by buying the least toxic alternatives in any category.
Copyright 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019 by Martie Whittekin, CCN