The photo of the ceramic cat with the mask was taken at our favorite Mexican restaurant, El Norte in Plano. Son Andy Hopkins named it “Catvid-19”.
Investigative Health Journalist, Bill Sardi, has been relentlessly studying all aspects of the pandemic and has written many articles about it. For the convenience of his legions of followers, he produced a “Consolidated Report” reviewing the previous works. Click here to read the entire report which includes links to a lot of the health evidence he acquired. (It also has information and opinions about the politics, greed and power grabs that may be associated with the pandemic and lockdown.) In my blog, I’ve simply cherrypicked from his 21 page report some of the health action points that we can implement. [The brackets below are my comments.] I also added some bonus points of my own at the end.
- “The virus is still there in summer but the immune system is primed to deal with it in summer when sunshine vitamin D activates the immune system to produce white blood cells like neutrophils that literally blow up infected cells and macrophages that engulf them.”
- “…blacks who need 6-10 times more sunshine to produce the same amount of vitamin D as Caucasians because of their melanin skin pigment are at greater mortal risk.” [help spread the word about vitamin D supplements.]
- “All this viral mayhem could be halted if just one hospital started to require vitamin D blood tests upon admission to serve as a public demonstration.” [Apparently not yet in the US, but at least internationally, attention is being paid to vitamin D and covid-19. Bottom line—make sure you have sufficient vitamin D year round.]
- “The symptoms of COVID-19 coronavirus infection match symptoms of zinc deficiency.” “…zinc being an essential mineral required for the thymus gland to produce T-cells and life-long antibodies.” [Sardi explains why zinc helps the very young and the elderly who do not respond well to vaccines. I found this study specifically on zinc and covid-19.]
- “The widely touted hydrochloroquine drug that is being used to successfully quell coronavirus infections is a zinc “ionophore”, meaning that it facilitates entry of zinc into virally-infected cells. The herbal extract quercetin, naturally found in onions and apple peel, mimics hydrochloroquine.“ [Once in the cells, zinc inhibits virus replication.]
- “Be aware when selecting zinc supplements: zinc oxide is poorly absorbed. Antacids reduce zinc absorption.” [Any type of zinc but oxide is better. The acid-blocking heartburn drugs cause other potentially lethal problems. That is why I wrote a book about them.]
- “The provision of selenium + zinc releases more zinc.” [besides benefits of its own, the mineral selenium unbinds zinc so it can be used.]
- “Selenium halts viral mutations. It is yet another natural life saver that public health agencies ignore. Selenium demonstrably reduces the lethality of COVID-19.”
- “High carbohydrate foods (bread, rice, pasta, cereal) and refined sugars, as well as alcohol and polyphenols in tea and coffee, block absorption of vitamin B1 (thiamine), which acts as a super antibiotic, and a B1 deficiency can result in signs of lung disease seen in coronavirus infections. The lack of B1 is associated with viral infections.“ [Vitamin B1 helps oxygen get into the blood and may help reduce the need for ventilators.]
- “Some high-risk individuals take drugs that deplete the above-mentioned nutrients, such as ACE-inhibitors for blood pressure that deplete zinc, or aspirin and corticosteroids that deplete vitamin C. Vitamin C works like a fire extinguisher, pouring electrons on the flames of COVIC-19-induced inflammation.” [A recent review of studies confirms that Aged Garlic Extract (AGE) effectively lowers blood pressure. The only AGE is Kyolic. I recommend Kyolic Formula #109 because it contains AGE and other nutrients that support healthy blood pressure.]
- “Licorice root extract completely eradicated the virus in a lab dish” [Unfortunately, they were not talking about the licorice candy. DGL (Deglycyrrhizinated) lozenges are good for cough or sore throat, but only take them when ill, not every day for prevention.]
- “If you begin to experience shortness of breath, this means you must take immediate action. Call your doctor (do not run to the hospital as a third of the healthcare workers have active COVID-19 infection).”
- [One of the biggest risks from covid-19 is excess inflammation in the lungs caused by our own immune systems responding too strongly.] “Resveratrol, quercetin, vitamin D, vitamin A and zinc serve to normalize the immune response and therefore curb the inflammation in the lung; and the use of natural blood thinners (fish oil, resveratrol, garlic, vitamin E) to prevent diffuse blood clots and inositol supplementation to serve as a surfactant (lower surface tension) may be an early remedy for shortness of breath that could delay or avert having to be placed on a ventilator. Inositol…can be used when shortness of breath occurs. [Natural anti-clotting agents such as fish oil, resveratrol, garlic and vitamin E, can be taken without concern of over-thinning the blood even when all are consumed together.]
- Review: “Dietary Supplements To Fight Viral Infections (typical daily doses): Vitamin A. 2500-5000 IU, Vitamin D 8000 IU, Vitamin C 500-1000 mg 3x/day; 1000 mg per hour if actively infected, Zinc: 15-30 mg, Selenium: 100-200 mcg, Vitamin B1 as benfotiamine, take as directed, Licorice root extract per label, Quercetin 250 mg, Resveratrol 250 mg, Inositol: 2000 mg.” [Don’t forget to account for the amount that is in your multivitamin or other combinations.]
Other odds and ends.
- One reason that obesity is a risk factor for a more severe case of the coronavirus is that the obese store vitamin D in their fat instead of the liver where it can be used.
- If you take oil-based vitamin D capsules, for best absorption, take them with a meal that contains fat.
- The nutrients recommended by Bill Sardi above fight the infamous “underlying conditions” as well as the virus.
- Joseph Mercola discusses hydrogen peroxide as a virus therapy.